At Newport we have a vision – to supply beautiful and timeless designed textiles and accessories. We provide authentic American high quality lifestyle products. At Newport, being responsible is part of the way we live and work every day.
While Newport and its customers expect honest and ethical conduct in all aspects of our business we work after the highest possible standards of honest and ethical conduct. As a high quality profiled company you are setting an example for employees and customers and are expected to foster a culture of transparency, integrity and honesty.
Newports Code of Conduct sets forth our principles for working with each other, outside businesses, consumers, governments and local communities. The Code serves as an ever-present reminder of our responsibility to build these relationships on integrity,
fairness and humanity.
Our aim in conducting our purchasing operations is to insure continuing, reliable sources of supply. Honest dealing with customers and suppliers is essential to sound, lasting relationships. Thus, we view our suppliers as partners and expect them to make a reasonable profit. We give all potential suppliers fair and uniform consideration. Decisions are based on objective criteria such as price and quality as well as a vendor’s reliability and integrity.
Newport opposes the illegal use of child labor, the exploitation of children, and all other forms of unacceptable treatment of workers. Moreover, it is Newports policy not to work with any supplier or contractor known to operate with unacceptable worker treatment such as the exploitation of children, physical punishment, female abuse, involuntary servitude, or other forms of abuse. No abuse of child or other labor is acceptable to the Company, and if
any violation of our principles becomes known to the Company, it is grounds for immediately terminating the business relationship.
Newport is committed to respect for human rights worldwide. To that end, Newport practices and seeks to work with business partners who promote the following standards:
• equal opportunity for employees at all levels regardless of color, race, gender, age, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or
• a safe and healthy workplace protecting human health and the environment;
• paying employees a wage that enables them to meet at least their basic needs, and providing employees the opportunity to improve their skills and capabilities;
• respecting employees’ lawful freedom of association
• working with governments and communities in which we do business to improve the educational, cultural, economic and social well-being in those communities.
Newport has a commitment to protect the life and property of its people as well as the members of the communities in which we operate. The Company maintains a Crisis Management Plan.